During the Coronavirus outbreak, we recognise that you may have questions or concerns about your alcohol monitoring experience. Please be assured that our highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our Clients and our Team members.
We are constantly monitoring developments and following best practices from the Australian Department of Health. Here are some steps we are taking, which you can also take to help you feel confident with your Alcohol Interlock Program.
What You Should Do
Even in normal circumstances, there are significant steps you can take to ensure that your device is hygienic and safe to use:
- Do not let anyone else use your Alcohol Interlock unless it is absolutely necessary. If someone does use your device, replace the existing mouthpiece as quickly as possible with a new unopened mouthpiece. Dispose of the old mouthpiece. We offer free mouthpieces at our Centre.
- Please do not use any wipes that contain alcohol, as it can cause damage to the fuel cell, and potentially cause fail readings (violations).
It’s important to try to stop the spread of the virus while also adhering to your program. By following a few simple guidelines, you can help us keep our Service Centre safe and support you in meeting your legal obligation.
- If you are quarantined or are showing specific symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath), please reschedule your appointment and call our Customer Support Line 02 9398 8817. If you do come to a Service Centre with any of these symptoms, you will be asked to leave and call to reschedule or to make alternate arrangements.
Our team members have been instructed to follow the “social distancing” guidelines of 1.5 meters where possible; the more space between you and others, the harder it is for the virus to spread.
What Interlock Sydney is Doing
We have intensified our usual emphasis on health and hygienic practices. These include:
- Washing hands thoroughly, not just before and after every customer interaction, but repeatedly throughout the day.
- Thoroughly cleaning surfaces in high traffic areas several times each day.
- Requiring team members to stay home if they exhibit virus symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- When you come Interlock Sydney Centre, we always offer new mouthpieces at no charge.